Over the last decade, DaVita has set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we are poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you are joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
We strive to be the provider, partner and employer of choice. It is in this spirit that we are searching for an experienced and dedicated leader to further build out our “provider of choice” tenet. We have a great deal of passion for providing great care to our patients, not only clinically, but also in the way patients experience their care and in ensuring they feel cared about as people.
The Vice President of Clinical Quality and Safety will be responsible for leading the quality, safety and reliability of care for patients in all DaVita dialysis facilities and in all modalities. The physician leader will be accountable for development, design, implementation and continuous improvement of clinical systems, reduction in hospitalization and mortality rates, meeting and exceeding regulatory requirements for quality and safety, as well as enhancing corporate readiness and responsiveness for all events that could impact clinical quality and safety. This leader will serve as a physician executive for the DaVita Patient Safety Organization, interact with executive leadership team across all lanes of the organization and will be an outward facing representative to professional organizations, CMS regional offices, the CDC, and state, local and tribal health authorities. Additionally, this physician will be an active member of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer.
- M.D, D.O. or M.B.B.S. required, Nephrology certified preferred
- Minimum 10 years of practice
- Experience in leading large healthcare teams in improving quality and safety
- Training and experience in evidence assessment and grading of quality and strength of evidence
- Preferred publication track record
- Confidence and experience as a speaker in multiple settings
- Preferred leadership role in industry, professional organizations, academic department, group practice or heath care organizations
- Preferred experience working with business side of healthcare
- Ability to prioritize and adapt based on changing priorities
- Solid reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to evaluate outcomes and determine appropriate training and support to positively impact outcomes
- Proven leadership experience and able to work both independently and as a member of an integrated, interdisciplinary team in carrying out assigned responsibilities
- Must be analytical and articulate in both oral and in writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate well with others at varying professional levels, especially in the medical profession
- Basic to intermediate computer skills including familiarity with Outlook
- Ability to mentor other members of the DVA clinical team and provide feedback at regular intervals
This position is remote. Ability to travel nationally is required.
To apply to this position, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org